This week I had the opportunity to visit Bob Dunn’s Do the Woo Podcast, where he and I chatted about eCommerce and SEO on episode 13 of the show.
While the show is typically focused on WordPress and WooCommerce, our discussion was not specific to WordPress or the WooCommerce plugin. The podcast episode covered SEO techniques that apply to all eCommerce websites built with or without WordPress.
The eCommerce and SEO Podcast
If you’re struggling with getting eCommerce and SEO right on your website, the podcast will offer a good resource for learning more about SEO and how you can best apply it to your online store.
The podcast included the following discussion points on eCommerce and SEO techniques:
- How eCommerce SEO is some ways similar to and in other ways different then SEO for traditional websites
- Why unique and well-crafted product descriptions are so critical
- Why product images are important and how these can be optimized for greater exposure in both regular and image based search
- If mobile eCommerce websites matter in SEO
- If mobile websites or dedicated eCommerce apps better for your online store
- If you use your WordPress theme’s built-in SEO or a utlized separate SEO plugin
- If SEO add-on’s for schema help with obtaining search traffic
- How to best position your website if you have a both local brick and mortar store and an online store
- The common SEO mistakes many eCommerce websites make
SEO resources discussed in the podcast included:
Visit Do the Woo Podcast for additional episodes from Bob.
Want More eCommerce and SEO Education?
Join me on September 21 when I visit the iThemes team for our monthly webinar series. This upcoming webinar will walk through the most common SEO issues found with eCommerce websites.
In the hour long webinar, we’ll cover the following eCommerce and SEO topics:
- Keyword research and site mapping issues
- Product descriptions
- Manufacture numbers
- Rich snippets
- Social media
- Link building
- XML sitemaps
If you have an existing eCommerce website or are about to launch a new site, this webinar will be a valuable resource for you.