Greetings from CaboPress! This week’s marketing roundup comes to you from sunny Mexico. I am down at the ever so beautiful Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos.
My journey south started Wednesday as I flew into Dallas, Texas to see Genesis colleague and friend Carrie Dils. I was gifted with a great day with Carrie, which is a huge treat for me because we live on opposite sides of the country.
On Thursday I departed Dallas and flew into Cabo to attend an event called CaboPress that was arranged by Chris Lema. In attendance is Cory Miller, Karim Marucchi, Syed Balkhi, Jared Atchison, Ben May, Ken Granger, Suzette Franck, and myself. It is a small gathering but a gathering of some very bright people in the WordPress community.
A few years ago I made a conscious effort to become more involved within our WordPress community. I started with the first PressNomics and then moved onto WordCamps. I would sponsor and attend events; this year I’m expanding this by beginning to speak.
While my husband jokes about the value of these trips, I know they are priceless.
If you have not yet attended a WordCamp event, I encourage you to take the leap of faith and jump in. You won’t be sorry. I’ll be at Miami and Chicago this year, with more conferences being added to my calendar in the fall.
Now that I’ve gotten everyone caught up on my travel this week, let’s discuss the latest articles of interest!
Web Design, WordPress and Usability
- Fresh Breath of Polygonal Style in Website Design
- Five Elements For Your Front Page
- 6 Tools to Help you Optimize your Images
- How to beat the “paradox of choice” in UI design
- Designing for the whole experience
- WordPress SEO vs All in One SEO Pack: Which Is The Best SEO Plugin?
- 10 Questions To Ask When Choosing A Cloud Hosting Provider
- The Z-Axis: Designing for the Future
- 10 Amazing User Experiences
- Introducing Hookr.io: A New Resource For WordPress Developers
- Keyboard-Only Navigation for Improved Accessibility
Internet Marketing, SEO and Social Media
- 5 Major Changes In SEO for 2014
- 18 Must-Have Paid Tools for PPC Success
- Starting Over, Part 1: A Pre-Launch Checklist
- Twitter Announces Upcoming Launch Of Redesigned Profile Pages
- Google Places Adds New Features To Its Bulk Location Management Tool
- Google Takes Down 7 Japanese Link Networks
- The Hashtag Test: Best and Worst Practices for Social Media Marketers
- Where Search Begins Is Where Social Ends
- A Lesson in Social Espionage: How to Dissect a Competitor’s Social Strategy
Upcoming WordPress Events
- WordCamp Minneapolis – April 26
- WordCamp Austin – April 26
- WordCamp North Canton – May 2
- WordCamp Ottawa – May 3
- WordCamp Nashville – May 3
- WordCamp Connecticut – May 10
- WordCamp Miami – May 10 – We’re a sponsor and I will be a presenter.
- WordCamp Charleston – May 17
- WordCamp Asheville – May 30
- WordCamp Chicago – June 13
As always, this is not an exhaustive list. If you know of any posts related to web design, WordPress or SEO then by all means do share! Post a comment below and let us and our readers know what we may have missed.
Many thanks to those of you who have emailed me with suggestions!
carrie dils says
LOVED getting to catch up with you in person. Enjoy your time in Cabo and I look forward to seeing you at a WordCamp soon. 🙂
Rebecca Gill says
Right back at ya sista! It was a great kick off for my trip.