We’re happy to announce the release of Lisa Marie, the newest template added to our Genesis theme store. The new Genesis child theme was designed for hair salons and day spas, although it could really be used for any website that places an emphasis on images.
The home page rotator and inner page headers keep the visitors’ eye focus on the images. The WordPress theme is designed to draw you in and capture your attention. Early reviews have called this theme “stunning” and I’m thrilled with that verbiage.
Who is the Real Lisa Marie?
As with our other themes, the name Lisa Marie has a personal reference. Lisa Cree is the wife of Chris Cree. Many of your know Chris from our support forums as well as his activity in keeping WSM’s technology humming. Chris has always used “Gorgeous” as his nickname for Lisa, so I thought it was fitting to name this type of theme after her. If you’ve ever seen a picture of Lisa, you’ll notice her smile tends to light up the room. When I saw the original design comps, I immediately thought of Lisa Cree.
Lisa keeps Chris grounded, which in turn keeps me grounded. She is Chris’ wife, but really she is an extended part of our WSM family. She is our non-geek reality check and our connection with people outside the world of WordPress. Her frank, commonsense approach and comments are invaluable to me.
Lisa Marie is Perfect for Minimalistic Websites
Lisa Marie has a number of nifty features and functions designed into the theme:
- Configurable call to actions on the home page.
- A flexible image slider supported by Soliloquy, which is both easy to use and mobile friendly.
- Fancy form design built on Gravity Forms, the most robust form plugin available for WordPress.
- An nicely styled pricing table.
- Image headers configured by individual page.
- Facebook call to action neatly placed in the footer.
- Contact information and store hours on every page, which supports both local SEO efforts and overall usability.
- Mobile responsiveness so it automatically adapts to devices like iPhones and iPads.
Want to see more of this WordPress hair salon theme? Then head on over and take Lisa Marie for a test-drive.
If you’ve purchased our developer license, Lisa Marie is already waiting in your account and is ready for download.
Edee Lemonier says
Stunning might be an understatement. This is drop-dead gorgeous!! If my buddy who co-owns a salon can get her partner’s rear in gear this will be what they get. Just love it!
Rebecca Gill says
Edee “drop-dead gorgeous” is even better than stunning!
I did really like the design when I saw it and I loved it the entire time we worked on building it out. If you can stare at something for weeks and still love it, you know it is a good design.
Our graphic designer definitely does good work.