It’s Friday and that means it’s time for another weekly roundup.
Today we found excellent posts on WordPress security and choosing trustworthy themes and plugins to a beginner’s guide on pairing fonts.
You’ll also find must reads on content marketing mistakes, how to spot links that could be harming your website and why quality over quantity is always best for SEO.
Ready to read and take action?
Web Design and WordPress
- Free WordPress Food, Recipe and Restaurant Plugins – These plugins make it easier for foodies to get the job done.
- What User Experience Leaders Should Do To Create Local Opportunities – UX leaders must do more in order to create more local opportunities for the field in general.
- How to Choose Trustworthy WordPress Themes and Plugins – Read this post to make sure the themes and plugins you choose are safe.
- How to Pick the WordPress Plugin With the Best Support – Learn what things to look at so you can choose the best supported plugin.
- 2 Years, 77+ Different WordPress Plugins (Pippin Williamson) – A look into Pippin’s plugin business and how he breaks the rules. Pretty inspiring.
- Thirteen Tenets of User Experience – The authors 13 beliefs regarding what designers and companies need to know about user experience.
- How Tony Perez of Sucuri Sets Up His Own Security – Read on to find out ways to increase your own security.
- My Top 5 Most Used Custom Reports in Google Analytics – Check out these custom reports and what they do.
- A Beginners Guide to Pairing Fonts – Pairing fonts can be a headache – here is a guide that will help.
- Sit Down and Shut Up – How to Rescue Your Clients From Their Own Bad Taste – Excellent points on how to point your clients in another direction.
Search Engine Optimization
- Seven Lessons Learned From Three Years of Content Creation – Great real-life tips that you can use.
- How To Spot Your Potentially Harmful Links – This post takes a deeper look into what links might be harming your website.
- 6 Ways To Inspired Content Marketing – Creative ways to use analytics for content marketing.
- How To Run A Successful Guest Blogging Campaign After Penguin 2.0 – Good points on guest blogging and why it’s still useful if done right.
- Why Quality Over Quantity Is Better In SEO – If you didn’t know by now that quality rules then be sure to read the five reasons list in this post.
- Is Bing Places For Business Better Than Google+ Local – Bing Places For Business is definitely something to watch.
- 4 Content Marketing Mistakes That Can Cost You Sales – Avoiding these mistakes will help you create a content marketing campaign that will work to your advantage.
- Backlink and Reconsideration Requests – Information from Google on how to handle these types of requests.
- 10 SEO Industry Trends – Takes a look at what’s ahead in SEO for the rest of 2013 and 2014.
- 8 New and Underappreciated Marketing Resources from Google – Resources from Google that SEOs/inbound marketers might not know about.
Do you have a post to share? Let us know in the comment section. Make sure to check back next Friday for another weekly marketing roundup.
Full-Service Digital Marketing AgencyTwitterYoutubeFacebookLinkedinGoogle +